Skip to main content

Matthew Hayden may retire after Big Bash

Former Australian great opener batsman Matthew Hayden has revealed that he will quit all formats of cricket after the KFC Big Bash Twenty20 League to focus on family.

Hayden said in The Courier Mail: "I don't think I'll play again next year. This will be it for me. There's just so much happening in my life, you can never wind back the clock..I'm a father of three firstly and I have a lot of work to do off the field. I probably won't face Warnie again - hopefully I will be the winner."

"It is like walking down memory lane for me. In future, I'd like to be part of building on this Twenty20 competition."


Matthew Hayden
in his Test career, scored 8625 runs with an average of 50.73 including 30 centuries and 29 half-centuries. In ODIs, He scored 6133 runs with an average of 43.80 including 10 hundreds and 36 fifties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bangladesh Premier League starts on February 9

Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), first edition will kick off on February 9, 2012 and final to be played on 29 February. Six teams will play each other twice in the 20-day tournament over 33 matches to be played in Chittagong and Dhaka. five foreign players to be allowed in their XIs Adam Gilchrist, Kieron Pollard, Mathew Hayden, Dwayne Bravo, James Anderson and Kamran Akmal are among foreign players who are available for the tournament so far.

Kevin Pietersen to play Caribbean Premier League

Former England all-rounder Kevin Pietersen is all set to take part in the Caribbean Premier League Twenty20, takes place in July and August this year, according to reports from BBC . Pietersen, 33, has confirmed the news on his Twitter account: Delighted to enter the Draft for @CPL_T20 next week. Will we be rivals or teammates, @henrygayle ? — Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) March 28, 2014 Despite being England's top-scorer in all international formats, the South African-born batsman was sacked from England and Wales Cricket Board contract in February following the team's recent 5-0 Ashes whitewash in Australia.