Skip to main content

Zak Chappell pens new contract at Nottinghamshire

Nottinghamshire pacer Zak Chappell has extended his contract at the county until the conclusion of 2022 season. 

The 24-year-old, who joined the club in the winter of 2018, took 15 scalps in the 2020 Bob Willis Trophy.

“Last season was a big one for me – I feel like I found my rhythm and my confidence early on, and everything just snowballed from there,” the seamer said.

“I believe I’m a much better bowler for the work that Pete (Peter Moores) and Shiney (Kevin Shine) did with me over last winter, so I’m really excited to see how I can push forward again over this close-season.

Chappell was named emerging professional of the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bangladesh Premier League starts on February 9

Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), first edition will kick off on February 9, 2012 and final to be played on 29 February. Six teams will play each other twice in the 20-day tournament over 33 matches to be played in Chittagong and Dhaka. five foreign players to be allowed in their XIs Adam Gilchrist, Kieron Pollard, Mathew Hayden, Dwayne Bravo, James Anderson and Kamran Akmal are among foreign players who are available for the tournament so far.

Kevin Pietersen to play Caribbean Premier League

Former England all-rounder Kevin Pietersen is all set to take part in the Caribbean Premier League Twenty20, takes place in July and August this year, according to reports from BBC . Pietersen, 33, has confirmed the news on his Twitter account: Delighted to enter the Draft for @CPL_T20 next week. Will we be rivals or teammates, @henrygayle ? — Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) March 28, 2014 Despite being England's top-scorer in all international formats, the South African-born batsman was sacked from England and Wales Cricket Board contract in February following the team's recent 5-0 Ashes whitewash in Australia.