Skip to main content

Derbyshire's Ben Aitchison pens new two-year deal

Derbyshire pacer Ben Aitchison has committed his future to the club after signing a new two-year contract that promises to keep him at The IncoraTM County Ground until the 2022 season.

Aitchison, 21, initially joined Derbyshire on a rookie contract for the 2020 campaign and established himself on his first-class debut against Nottinghamshire, with 3-55 in the second innings.

The youngster said, “When I first joined the club, I talked about wanting to take any opportunities I was given, and I feel like I did well when I was selected this season.

“I love the setup here, and get on really well with the lads, so It’s really nice to know I’ll be able to grow and develop with them over the next two seasons.”

Aitchison claimed 47 wickets at an average of 12.23 in 17 matches for Macquarie University Cricket Club in Sydney.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bangladesh Premier League starts on February 9

Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), first edition will kick off on February 9, 2012 and final to be played on 29 February. Six teams will play each other twice in the 20-day tournament over 33 matches to be played in Chittagong and Dhaka. five foreign players to be allowed in their XIs Adam Gilchrist, Kieron Pollard, Mathew Hayden, Dwayne Bravo, James Anderson and Kamran Akmal are among foreign players who are available for the tournament so far.

Indian skipper MS Dhoni retires from test cricket

Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has announced his retirement from test cricket with immediate effect, BCCI announced on Twitter. News Alert - MS Dhoni has chosen to retire from Test Cricket with immediate effect #MSD #Captain — BCCI (@BCCI) December 30, 2014 The 33-year-old wicket-keeper has decided to retire from Test match cricket in order to concentrate on One Day Internationals and T20 formats. Dhoni, who has established himself as one of the India's most successful wicket-keeper batsman of all time - has scored 4876 runs in 90 Tests at an average of 38.09 for his country. During his captaincy, he played 60 Tests with a winning record 27 matches while losing 18 and drawing 15 also helped India to claim the No. 1 spot in the ICC Test rankings. Meanwhile, Virat Kohli will now lead the Indian Test Team for the Fourth and Final Test against Australia in Sydney. News Alert - Virat will be the captain for the 4th and Final Test against Australia #MSD #Aus...