Skip to main content

The Maestro, Sachin Tendulkar Retires

Sachin Tendulkar brought the curtains down on Test career. The phenomenal 24-years of career by giving a heart-warming speech to everyone.

The Indian team leads off Sachin Tendulkar with a guard of honour.

The last walk of Sachin

200th test match for Sachin Tendulkar and his last for India.


Tendulkar Speech in his Last Test Match

"Friends please settle down, I'll get more emotional! It's hard to believe my wonderful journey is coming to an end," Tendulkar said immediately after his 200th and final Test which India won by an innings and 126 runs.

"I have got a list of people to thank because sometimes I forget," he joked.

"The first is my father ( Ramesh Tendulkar), who passed away in 1999. Without his guidance I wouldn't be standing in front of you. He said 'chase your dreams, don't give up, the path will be difficult.' I miss him today," said Tendulkar, who always looked heavenwards after every big knock in memory of his father.

"I don't know how she managed a naughty child like me. She just prayed and prayed from the day I started playing the game. For four years I stayed with my uncle and aunt when in school, they treated me like their own son," he said.

"My eldest brother Nitin doesn't like to talk much but he said, 'whatever you do, I know you will give 100 per cent'. My first cricket bat was presented to me by my sister Savita. It was a Kashmir willow. She still continues to fast while I bat," he said.

"Ajit my brother, we have lived this dream together. He sacrificed his career for me, he took me to (Ramakant) Achrekar sir first. Even last night he called me to discuss my dismissal. Even when I'm not playing we will still be discussing technique. If that hadn't happened, I would have been a lesser cricketer," he added.

"The most beautiful thing happened to me when I met Anjali in 1990. I know that being a doctor there was a big career in front of her. When we had a family, she decided that I should continue playing and she took care of the children. Thanks for bearing with me for all the nonsense I've said. You are the best partnership that I had in my life," Tendulkar said as an emotionally-overwhelmed Anjali cried in the presentation area.

"The two precious diamonds of my life Sara and Arjun. I've missed out on several birthdays, holidays, annual days. I know for 14-16 years I've not spent enough time with you. But I promise you that the next 16 and the many more after that are yours," he said.

"My in-laws - I've discussed several things with them. The most important thing they did was to allow me to marry Anjali. So, thank you for that," he said, lightening the heavy atmosphere surrounding his farewell.

"In the last 24 years my friends have made terrific contributions. They have been with me while I was stressed. They have been with me even at 3am when I was injured. Thanks for being there for me," he said.

"My career started when I was 11. I was extremely delighted to see Achrekar sir in the stands. I used to ride on his scooter and play two matches a day. Sir took me along to make sure I played. On a lighter note, Sir never said 'well played' because he didn't want me to be complacent. You can push your luck now, Sir, since I'm not playing cricket anymore," he joked.

"The BCCI was fantastic from my debut. Thanks to the selectors. You were right with me making sure my treatment was taken care of," Tendulkar said.

"Thanks to all the senior cricketers who have played with me. We see on the screen Rahul (Dravid), VVS (Laxman), Sourav (Ganguly), Anil (Kumble) who is not here. All the coaches," he said.

"I know when MS (Dhoni) presented the 200th Test cap, I had a message to the team - I said 'we are all so proud to be representing the nation. I hope to continue to serve the nation with dignity. I have full faith that you will serve the country in the right spirit'.

"I will be failing in my duty if I didn't thank the doctors who have kept me fit. Given the injuries I have suffered. They have treated me in odd hours," he said.

"My dear friend the late Mark Mascarenhas. I miss him. My current management team WSG, for continuing what Mark has done. Someone who has worked closely with me for 14 years is my friend Vinay Nayudu," he added.

"The media has backed me a lot, since my school days. Even today. Thank you. Thanks to the photographers for capturing those moments."

"I know my speech has become long. I want to thank people who have flown in from different parts of the world here. I want to thank my fans from the bottom of my heart. 'Sachin, Sachin' will reverberate in my ears till I stop breathing," he said, drawing a deafening applause from the crowd.


Cricket-Cup.Blogspot.com Wishes:

Thank you Sachin for making this game worth to watch for 24 long years......!!
Sachin's retirement is nature's way of telling that 'Nothing is permanent'!
The LEGEND retires leaving behind lot's of memories.... Will miss you.. !!
Golden Period of cricket just got over today..!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IPL 2023: Mumbai Indians secures third consecutive victory

In a remarkable display of their prowess on the field, the Mumbai Indians have clinched their third consecutive triumph, leaving their opponents in the dust. As the dust settles, it's worth noting that the formidable Faf du Plessis and Yuzvendra Chahal have once again held their ground, steadfastly maintaining their positions as the most outstanding performers of the season so far. Truly, these two have proven time and again that they are forces to be reckoned with on the cricket pitch. The Mumbai Indians have did it again, securing their third consecutive win in style by overcoming the Sunrisers Hyderabad in a pulsating encounter at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium. MI showed their class by posting a challenging 192/5. With such a formidable target to chase, the SRH needed a strong start, but the MI bowlers had other ideas. Jason Behrendorff, in particular, was in menacing form and claimed two crucial wickets to set the tone. Despite valiant efforts from some of their top-o

IPL 2023: Jason Roy joins Kolkata Knight Riders

Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) have announced the signing of England’s batsman Jason Roy for IPL 2023.  The 32-year-old had previously played for the team in the 2017 and 2018 seasons. The Knight Riders have acquired him for INR 2.8 crore, which is above his base price of INR 1.5 crore. KKR have lost two of their star players. Shreyas Iyer, who was meant to lead the team, has been sidelined from the tournament due to a lower back injury. Meanwhile, Shakib Al Hasan has pulled out due to personal reasons.  But in the midst of all this turmoil, KKR have made an exciting acquisition by bringing in Jason Roy. The right-handed batter is expected to make valuable contributions to his team in the upcoming fixtures. 

England appoints David Saker as the fast bowling coach for the Ashes and World Cup.

The 56-year-old Australian, David Saker has been announced as England's fast bowling coach for the much-anticipated Ashes series. This won't be the first time Saker has worked with the England team, having been part of the coaching staff during the 2010-11 Ashes triumph Down Under. His wealth of experience and expertise will prove invaluable to the English fast bowlers as they prepare to take on the fierce Australian batting line-up on their home soil.  Saker's previous stint with the team saw him play a pivotal role in England's historic Ashes victory, and the team will be looking to him once again for guidance and direction. But that's not all - He has also been entrusted with the responsibility of leading England's fast bowling attack in the upcoming 50-over World Cup , which is set to take place in India later this year. The stakes are high as the team looks to defend its title, and Saker's proven track record will be crucial in helping the team achiev