Skip to main content

Sussex sign Former England Seamer Jon Lewis

The former England seamer, Jon Lewis has signed Sussex on a one-year contract.

The 38-year-old Lewis played one Test and 15 times in ODI's for England between 2005 and 2007. He was part of the Surrey T20 side played twice in the Championship that reached Finals Day.

"I'm really excited to be joining Sussex, a club I have admired from a distance for a long time and I'm looking forward to a new challenge in my career," Lewis said. "I am really confident that I can make valuable contributions to the team across all competitions. Sussex have a strong squad that in my opinion is close to winning more trophies and I want to help them achieve this."

Sussex's cricket manager, Mark Robinson, said: "It is great news to have Jon on board for the 2014 season. He brings a wealth of experience and knowhow. He is still remarkably fit and ambitious as to what he wants to achieve in the game. Jon bowled really well for Surrey last year in the Twenty20 competition, so he will not only give increased competition in the four-day team, but will give us greater options in one-day cricket."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bangladesh Premier League starts on February 9

Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), first edition will kick off on February 9, 2012 and final to be played on 29 February. Six teams will play each other twice in the 20-day tournament over 33 matches to be played in Chittagong and Dhaka. five foreign players to be allowed in their XIs Adam Gilchrist, Kieron Pollard, Mathew Hayden, Dwayne Bravo, James Anderson and Kamran Akmal are among foreign players who are available for the tournament so far.

Kevin Pietersen to play Caribbean Premier League

Former England all-rounder Kevin Pietersen is all set to take part in the Caribbean Premier League Twenty20, takes place in July and August this year, according to reports from BBC . Pietersen, 33, has confirmed the news on his Twitter account: Delighted to enter the Draft for @CPL_T20 next week. Will we be rivals or teammates, @henrygayle ? — Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) March 28, 2014 Despite being England's top-scorer in all international formats, the South African-born batsman was sacked from England and Wales Cricket Board contract in February following the team's recent 5-0 Ashes whitewash in Australia.