Skip to main content

BBL: Tillakaratne Dilshan signs Sydney Thunder

Sri Lankan former test cricketer, Tillakaratne Dilshan has has put pen to paper with Sydney Thunder for the forthcoming season of the Big Bash League.


Dilshan said,
''I'm really keen to play in the Big Bash. It's such a wonderful, competitive tournament, I've been hoping to play for the past three years but [each time] I've had to go for international duty. This year I'm free to play almost the entire tournament. It's really exciting. I've always enjoyed Australian wickets, with the extra bounce. I'm really eager for this opportunity.''

The 37-year-old right-handed batsman will join the former Australia Michael Hussey in Sydney Thunder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bangladesh Premier League starts on February 9

Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), first edition will kick off on February 9, 2012 and final to be played on 29 February. Six teams will play each other twice in the 20-day tournament over 33 matches to be played in Chittagong and Dhaka. five foreign players to be allowed in their XIs Adam Gilchrist, Kieron Pollard, Mathew Hayden, Dwayne Bravo, James Anderson and Kamran Akmal are among foreign players who are available for the tournament so far.

Kevin Pietersen to play Caribbean Premier League

Former England all-rounder Kevin Pietersen is all set to take part in the Caribbean Premier League Twenty20, takes place in July and August this year, according to reports from BBC . Pietersen, 33, has confirmed the news on his Twitter account: Delighted to enter the Draft for @CPL_T20 next week. Will we be rivals or teammates, @henrygayle ? — Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) March 28, 2014 Despite being England's top-scorer in all international formats, the South African-born batsman was sacked from England and Wales Cricket Board contract in February following the team's recent 5-0 Ashes whitewash in Australia.