Skip to main content

Zimbabwe - Fast bowler Kyle Jarvis retires

Zimbabwe fast bowler Kyle Jarvis the taken retirement from international cricket. Jarvis has accepted a county offer and opted out of the upcoming series against Pakistan.


A statement issued by Jarvis said: "I have held off a few opportunities over the last few months but my decision was made about a week ago when the pay disputes arose and I felt my time to leave had come.

"I have retired from international cricket to pursue a county and global T20 career. We have had a few teams interested but me and my agents have agreed on a three-year deal at a top English county.

"I really hope the fans and public can understand my reasons for leaving, as job security is the main factor. I informed my team-mates yesterday that I would be leaving and they were supportive and fully understood why I was doing this. I then sat with the managing director and explained my position and we both left on good terms.

"Zimbabwe will always be my home, and I would just like to thank everyone for their continued support over the past few years. I wish my team-mates and coaching staff the best of luck for the forthcoming Pakistan series."

The 24-year-old, Jarvis took 30 wickets in eight Tests at an average of 31.73 and 27 wickets in 24 ODIs. He picked up 10 wickets in nine T20Is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bangladesh Premier League starts on February 9

Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), first edition will kick off on February 9, 2012 and final to be played on 29 February. Six teams will play each other twice in the 20-day tournament over 33 matches to be played in Chittagong and Dhaka. five foreign players to be allowed in their XIs Adam Gilchrist, Kieron Pollard, Mathew Hayden, Dwayne Bravo, James Anderson and Kamran Akmal are among foreign players who are available for the tournament so far.

Kevin Pietersen to play Caribbean Premier League

Former England all-rounder Kevin Pietersen is all set to take part in the Caribbean Premier League Twenty20, takes place in July and August this year, according to reports from BBC . Pietersen, 33, has confirmed the news on his Twitter account: Delighted to enter the Draft for @CPL_T20 next week. Will we be rivals or teammates, @henrygayle ? — Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) March 28, 2014 Despite being England's top-scorer in all international formats, the South African-born batsman was sacked from England and Wales Cricket Board contract in February following the team's recent 5-0 Ashes whitewash in Australia.