Skip to main content

Jacques Kallis to quit Tests Cricket

South Africa's greatest all-rounder Jacques Kallis has insisted to retire from Test cricket after the second and final test match against India at Durban, staring on Boxing Day. However, the 28-year-old has insisted that he will be available for the 2015 World Cup.


Kallis said, "It wasn't an easy decision, with Australia around the corner and the success this team is enjoying, but I feel the time is right. I don't see it as goodbye, I still have a lot of hunger to push South Africa to that World Cup in 2015 if I am fit and performing. The last two years specifically have been a memorable journey with an exceptional group of cricketers. I am fortunate enough to have ended my Test career amongst a group of talented cricketers but, more importantly, friends whom I will cherish for years to come."

Kallis made his Test debut in December 1995 against England, since then he has played 165 Tests with 44 centuries and 58 half-centuries at an average of 55.12.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bangladesh Premier League starts on February 9

Bangladesh Premier League (BPL), first edition will kick off on February 9, 2012 and final to be played on 29 February. Six teams will play each other twice in the 20-day tournament over 33 matches to be played in Chittagong and Dhaka. five foreign players to be allowed in their XIs Adam Gilchrist, Kieron Pollard, Mathew Hayden, Dwayne Bravo, James Anderson and Kamran Akmal are among foreign players who are available for the tournament so far.

Kevin Pietersen to play Caribbean Premier League

Former England all-rounder Kevin Pietersen is all set to take part in the Caribbean Premier League Twenty20, takes place in July and August this year, according to reports from BBC . Pietersen, 33, has confirmed the news on his Twitter account: Delighted to enter the Draft for @CPL_T20 next week. Will we be rivals or teammates, @henrygayle ? — Kevin Pietersen (@KP24) March 28, 2014 Despite being England's top-scorer in all international formats, the South African-born batsman was sacked from England and Wales Cricket Board contract in February following the team's recent 5-0 Ashes whitewash in Australia.